I am a licensed home based service provider. Can I claim funding from the Ministry of Education for children while their grand mother is caring for them? I have been approached by a couple with two children under five and the wife’s mother is moving in with them to take care of the children while they work.

There are conditions your service would need to meet to be eligible for funding in this particular situation:

  • the grandmother would need to join your service as a home based educator
  •  the children’s family home needs to be available for use by children who are not part of that child’s family, and
  • at least one child who is not a member of the family has to attend the home for care and education.

Posted in: Educators, Mo Matua - Parents and Families

Comments are closed.